Unfortunately, products do not always live up to their expectations, and too often their defects hurt people. Roberts & Durkee represents individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective products. The firm’s mission in pursuing products liability cases is to obtain fair compensation for injured clients and to create an economic incentive for manufacturers to develop safe products and provide adequate warnings of the dangers of their products, ultimately helping to protect and save lives.
Roberts & Durkee represents victims of products found to possess:
• A design flaw or defect that makes the entire line dangerous even if the manufacturing and assembly were flawless.
• A manufacturing flaw or defect that makes the safely designed product dangerous because the manufacturer failed to make the product according to the proper specifications.
• Inadequate warnings or instructions that do not provide clear directions for use of the product.
In some cases, it might not be necessary to prove the manufacturer was negligent. Product liability claims, often called “strict product liability,” can often be established by proving the following:
1. The product was defective.
2. The defect existed before the manufacturer released the product.
3. The defect caused the victim’s damages.
Roberts & Durkee has extensive experience in representing individuals who have been seriously injured or killed as the result of defective products. Defective products can result in injuries, including everything from minor burns and lacerations to serious brain and spinal cord injuries.
Types of dangerous and defective products:
• Defective auto parts
• Defective medical devices
• Toxic/chemical exposure to dangerous products
• Defective drugs
• Defective construction equipment/machinery and power tools
• Dangerous or defective toys
• Defective kitchen, bathroom, and other household appliances
The Roberts & Durkee law firm is founded upon the traditional principles of ethics and honesty. We offer complimentary consultations, where our attorneys will review your situation and provide you advice regarding your legal rights, options, and responsibilities.